Sunday, September 25, 2011

Thoughts of a Software Engineer

Another week down.  It's really starting to get dark early, I hate that.  I've got a pretty big week ahead of me at work because we are having a lot of important guests at the company, so I have to make sure that I look presentable and keep myself occupied.  As they say, dress for the job you want, not the job you have.

This weekend was another great time.  Sadly, T-Raz got into an accident on the way home from work on Friday, so his car is pretty messed up.  That being said, Friday night I committed to making sure he didn't get to down about the accident.  We played some pong in my basement, went into quintuple overtime on our last game.  We then went out to Muldoon's and walked to Rosie's.  On our way to Rosie's, we got into a good conversation about religion and Christianity.  I essentially played the devil's advocate while Todd formulated responses.  By the time we actually decided to walk into Rosie's, last call had already finished up so we just called it a night.

Last night was a night that Sweeney would have been proud of.  I went downtown with Anderson and a few of his Purdue buddies.  We dressed nicely and did the River North bars.  Found this great bar called Fleming's (like Ricky!) that has drink and food specials on Saturday nights, which is a rarity for the city, especially River North.  Barnes met up with us and got up to speed pretty quickly.  A lot of the night blurs along but of course we all got split up.  Dre and I stuck together for the most part though.  I just talked to Anderson and apparently we wanted to go to this salsa club but there was $10 cover.  I remember I was getting extremely tired out at the bars, to the point where if I sat down I would have passed out.  Dre and I took a cab back to Anderson's condo (passed out in the cab), then we went to McDonald's and the Redhead Piano Bar.  Somehow we all got reunited by the end of the night and headed back to the condo, I think.

All in all, nothing too crazy this weekend.  Today was all recovery.  Watched the Bears lose, Lions are looking good.  I saw Moneyball tonight.  It's a really good movie, it kind of feels like an ESPN 30 for 30 only it's an 2.5 hours long and it's acting, not a documentary.

I hope that I start getting some good thoughts to harp on, kind of how Cass does in her blogs.  Sometimes recapping the week can get tedious and I think you guys probably get tired of hearing the same old stories.  Let me know what you guys think, is there anything specifically I should write about? Does this get repetitive?

Here's to a reunion in October,

Chin

2 comments:

  1. I know what you're saying about blog topics. It does seem like we just recall the weekend a bit too much. Maybe just start talking about some of the thoughts you have, like points in the conversation between you and TRaz. I guess when something significant happens in your week/end, or you want advice about something, those are always good topics to blog about also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I particularly enjoy the title of this post.

    I miss nights out in Chicago, but I don't really understand why. I was always so irritated that I had to arrange to stay somewhere foreign or end the night early to go back to Oswego. I think I would have enjoyed my Chicago nights a lot more if I had my own place in the city. I think what gets me nostalgic is that ONE night with Andre when we first went upstairs at Lions Head Pub. That was a great night.

    As far as a recommendation goes, I say add a little of both. I do like to know what you're up to every week/weekend. I know it seems like it gets repetitive talking about how you went to a bar with Anderson, but it is strangely comforting for me to read. I must like knowing that you're having a good time...

    With that said, I also echo what Stev just said. Just like history, the facts of what occurred are always nice, but to really paint the picture you have to step inside the consciousness of the person. Let us know what you were thinking/discussing along the way. Don't tell us - show us.

    ReplyDelete