Friday, December 24, 2010

Just keep truckin'

It's been awhile since my last post, in fact, its been awhile since I have sat down for a good time with my laptop. Between Shane's, friends getting back into town, and random trips to Ann Arbor, I haven't had much time to get to One a Day.

A lot of my buddies are back in town.  I have started to realize how I am losing connection with some of my high school friends.  I don't know if it is because I have changed or because they have change, its probably both.  I realized this when I went over to my buddy John's with Fabian and Todd and we sat around as John and Fabian played video games.  I just got really bored and eventually left.  Since then, they have not made an effort to contact me, so I guess they don't want to hang out anymore.  However, we did hang out the other night after I texted Fabian to get some food.  I tried to persuade them to play some outdoor day pong but they all declined.  I mean, I understand that its not something normal to do, but it can be fun doing spontaneous things like that AND day drinking is fun.  So after eating with them, I went down to my basement for some COD.  When I found out that Stev couldn't play because his brother's buddy had left with the game, I found myself with a relatively early night (10 PM) with nothing to do. At around this same time, Sweeney texted me from Ann Arbor with this video of him playing with this cool pen



I figured "Welp, Sweeney's bored too at least".  So I texted him back offering to pick him up.  He agreed and I left.  I got into Ann Arbor around 3 AM his time.  We chatted, I went to sleep.  We had steak and eggs in the morning, I stopped by Uzi's to say hi, then Sweeney and I left for Wheaton.  We stopped by Binny's and got some nice beer and some Bud Light.  We immediately went to the outdoor table and started playing.  Steph, ex gf Steph, not sister Steph, texted me that night inviting us to Muldoon's.  We went, set up a BP tourney for the next day and chatted with a few of my other HS friends.  Eventually, it was just 4 of us talking and Jill gave Sweeney and I a ride home.

The next day, Sean and Steph came over and we played more pong.  At one point the little kid neighbors came out to sled, it was a situation shooting a pong ball while watching kids play around in the snow.  Anyways, eventually we went to dinner and it ended up being Sweeney and I in my basement watching TV.  Steph texted me inviting us over to Susie's but we really had no way of getting there.  Dre and Chuck came over, we played some games then they left.  We eventually walked to Muldoon's again to hang out with Anderson, Jackie and her friend, Steph (I think). So many Steph's.  Jackie and I had a talk about the whole Nicole situation.

Side story, Nicole and I met up for lunch before all these things happened and she told me she is going to be in Colorado for 2 weeks with this prospective boyfriend of hers.

Back to the Muldoon's night.  Jackie told me to just forget about Nicole.  I have now taken that advice and so I guess we will see what happens.  Nicole was the reason I was pretty conservative at Michigan, so with her out of the picture, life's gonna be different.

The next morning I drove Sweeney back to Oswego.  We hung out there for a little, played with Latte's poop and talked to his grandparents and mom.  I went to my grandma's for dinner then went to the Sports Center to play bball with Dre.

I worked all day today and got drinks with Dre tonight.  Steph, ex gf Steph (Steph K. from now on), had mentioned possibly meeting up at Muldoon's with a bunch of people but she never texted me if they went.  Also, I guess Nicole was going to be there for trivia night, so I think its best that Dre and I decided not to go.

So tomorrow is Christmas Eve.  I'm working until about 1 then I will probably meet up with my Mom and eventually go to a midnight catholic service for church.  Christmas day is going to be at my dad's, I asked for a new electric hair cutter/buzzer!  I'm pretty excited.

Here's the Indiana/Illinois border at around 1 AM, pretty empty...



Here's to new beginnings before the new year,

Chin

1 comment:

  1. Been spending a considerable amount of time with Steph K I see. Good times I hope. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete