Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Mermaid Theory

Despite being unemployed, my life has developed a schedule.  Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are filled with running errands and working out.  Tuesdays and Thursdays I work the afternoon shift at Shane's.  The only thing is that I don't wake up until noon-ish usually.  I could be lazy, but usually I will wake up around 9 or 10, realize I have no pressing issues and then go back to sleep.  One project I am considering taking on is painting a wall in my bedroom, or all the walls.  I was thinking of doing a giant block M on one side, suggestions?

With waking up this late, I am usually awake until around 2 or 3 in the morning.  The nighttime is filled with COD, maybe grabbing a drink with a friend or two, movies and watching TV.  One of the shows I have really started following is How I met Your Mother.  The new episodes are on CBS, but there are repeats on CW, Lifetime and maybe another network.  Point being, the show has some great ideas, such as the Mermaid Theory.

The Mermaid Theory is very similar to my Platonic Theory.  The theory, according to the show, was inspired by the idea that sailors from ages ago would grow extremely desperate for female contact, so eventually, sea manatees would start looking like beautiful woman with fins or mermaids.  This theory states that the girls that guys hang out with all have a mermaid clock.  They can start as girls who we think are cool friends (manatees), but eventually the clock expires and the girls become mermaids.  I think this idea makes a lot of sense.  When you couple it with my theory that completely platonic feelings cannot exist between a guy and a girl, at least on the guys side, there are some discrepancies.  The main discrepancy being that the Mermaid Theory claims that guys can be strictly friends with girls, but over time they will eventually see them differently.  I have to think more about this theory, but I like it regardless.

Another hilarious idea they had was "The Blitz".  The idea is there is always "that guy" who, when they leave a party or something, something awesome happens.  Moral of the story, How I Met Your Mother is a hilarious show and I think I'm going to make an effort to watch the new episodes on Mondays.

Here's a link to B.o.B's new mixtape: B.o.B. - No Genre.  I still don't know what I think about B.o.B. but this mixtape is definitely helping his cause.

Here's to the Gator Bowl,

Chin

2 comments:

  1. interesting theory chin...you coming to town this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. still not sure, I'm trying to get anderson to come with me

    ReplyDelete