Sunday, January 2, 2011

2 Most important things

I write this bearing great news! I got a job! The company I interviewed with about a month ago, Delta Mobile, has offered me a position that will last a minimum of 6 months and has a chance to go on longer if I impress them enough.  I start January 12th.  I think the CEO, Boon, really likes me because although I didn't do well on the technical interview, he had called me various times since that interview to pick my mind on my thoughts on the company.  So last Thursday I drove about 30 minutes to their Schaumburg office to talk with him again.  In the discussion, he stressed that of good traits to have, the 2 most important things to him were:
1. Discipline - meaning good time management and punctuality.
2. Problem Solving - Basically, the job of any engineer.
So, it seems that he understands that I may not know EVERYTHING about programming, but he knows I am willing to learn, even though I think my hiring will be against the wishes of some in the office, I will set to prove them wrong.  Yes, the job is programming but I think I will enjoy the job more than the classes from school.  Plus, I will still get to do some analog design, my focus at school, at this job.

Cool thing is that I got the official offer letter while beginning the pregame for NYE at Anderson's condo.  That put me in a great mood and guaranteed a great night.  Ricky, Anderson, Jackie and I went got to the condo around 4(?).  Then, shortly after the condo filled up with mostly Jackie's gf's from Butler and their bf's, Cassie and Co. showed up.  Maria, Jaffe, Kara, Alicia, Mike D. and Killer really packed out the condo.  Around 9:15 we headed out to RiNo to capitalize on their 9-1 open bar that we bought tix to.  I stuck with beer most of the night and was happy about the choice.  It was fun dancing all around and socializing.  It was special experiencing the midnight countdown having missed it the past two years, even though it was very abrupt and a lot of people missed it.  Around 1:30 a lot of our group headed back to the condo.  Cassie and Co. split so fast, I didn't even know they left.  Then Anderson, Miles (his buddy from Purdue) and I walked back to the condo, which was full of all those Butler couples.  I ended up going back out by myself for a little.  I walked northwards but I didn't find anything that caught my eye.  I feel like NYE is a prime time for couples and Chicago also has a lot of couples.  It's not like I was looking for a random girl or anything, but most people I saw were wifed up and headed back to whatever their home for the night was.  I was also talking with Steph K. who was downtown, but really far north, and in my state I figured I could walk north to wish her a happy new year.  Luckily, I realized the walk would take about 1.5 hours and one of her friends called me and told me Steph was in a pretty bad way.  So I turned around after about a 30 minutes and walked back to the condo.  I ended up sleeping on the marble floor hallway and used the doormat as my bed, pillow and protection from the crazy million MPH draft coming under the door.  I didn't sleep to well that night.

Rickayyyy!

The next morning Ricky and I made our way to Duffy's for the Michigan shalacking. Everyone was having a great time though and I did too once I got my reuben sandwich.  I think Cassie wants to do the city living thing at least once in her life, haha.

I'm in that writing mode right now, but I need to get some sleep tonight because I'm going snowboarding tomorrow in Wisconsin.  I asked Steph K to go and now she's coming too.  So its Ron, Maya, Steph, Trent, Steph K, and me.  I must say I'm impressed by Steph K's spontaneity, great choice!

I'll be writing again soon I'm sure.

Here's to the big break that finally came,

Chin

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Chin! So exciting! And yeah, I think I will have to try the city scene one of these days! Chicago was sooo fun. I think hailing the taxis was one of my favorite activities : ) Thanks for a great time! And come to Ann Arbor the weekend of January 22nd!!!!

    ReplyDelete