Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Handsome Grandson and Chicken Feet

Elderly females find me to be very good looking.  I also do not like chicken feet, even though I've never tried them, theres just something about finding one in my soup that I don't like.  Today I got to hang out with my Grandma, Popo, and her 3 friends.  I drove them all around the city, from Michigan ave to Chinatown to Millennium park to the Cultural Center.  I think all grandmas talk about how attractive other grandmas'grandsons are.  Now if only it was granddaughters talking about how attractive grandmas'grandsons are, you follow?  Either way, it stresses me out bigtime driving in the city, but I managed.  I felt pretty cool walking extremely slow with four 80+ year old Chinese woman.  Not only was I the tallest, by about half a foot, but I also got some free lunch out of it.  The soup had chicken feet, I ate around it.  Then the shrimp were cooked with the head on so if you cut too close to their brains red liquid oozed everywhere on the plate.  That I can take, I love shrimp.  Oh, Popo insisted that I drive through Ping Tom Park in Chinatown, so I did, but soon there were people walking on the trail that I was driving on and I realized that cars aren't supposed to be in the park.  I found myself making a lot of 9 point turns and dodging drinking fountains and benches.  Interesting experience, it'd be like if you found yourself driving through the diag, weird...

So today was a day for Popo, Friday (night) was my day (night).  I guess it all really starts with about 10 minutes after my last blog.  My old Shane's work buddy, Collin, who reads this blog (shout out to Collin! My man!), texted me 10 minutes after the blog and was like, "I know this mousey girl!"  Without going into details, he does in fact know her so we tried to think of a way that we could arrange something.  The only thing I could come up with was, lets go to Muldoon's, drink beer and talk about it.  So we did just that on Friday.  It was Collin, Dre and I.  Dre eventually left, it's actually kind of funny, he stays out, then around 10-10:30 or so he will kindly excuse himself sensing that I will be just fine without him.  He's like a good wingman, even when I may not be looking for anything.  Anyways, Collin was telling me about Mousey and I must say I am quite intrigued.  Yes, I am a sucker for the Wheaton girl, and she seems like she is just that.  Hopefully we will meet again and I can really get a feel for what kind of person she is.  So Collin and I are talking about Mousey, music, life, Wheaton...everything, meanwhile, the beers just keep coming.  Collin was doing what I do to Stev, he kept finishing his beer while I still had about a third left.  Needless to say, we drank a lot.  I guess the next step is to arrange a meeting with Mousey, otherwise, I will continue going to Muldoon's until I "run into her" again.

Not too much else this weekend, I was broken on Saturday from all the beer.  I'm looking forward to the 4 day work week, then I have no idea what I will do next weekend, will anyone be in Ann Arbor?

Here's to grandmas,

Chin

2 comments:

  1. Haha o man, friday night was so much goose island, which I still owe you for half of that tab! I'm on getting mousey's digits as we speak, I should get back to you tonight and the train of communication can be set in motion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Colliflowa...I am a fan of the quick acting and the impeccable wing wan skills...Looks like you're in good hands Chin I look forward to hearing all about it when it comes together.

    ReplyDelete