Sunday, April 3, 2011

Do Sumthinn!

Whenever I wake up with a hangover, big or small, I always think of that lil wayne song where the chorus is like "I feel like dying, I feel like dying"...

I always look forward to the weekends so I can sleep in and regain my energy.  This weekend did I did the opposite of that.  I also always look forward to going out and hanging out with friends.  This weekend I did a lot of that.

So, Zach, my friend from Mexico who hung out with us in Ann Arbor in the Summer came to Chicago.  Coincidentally, Nick, my other Mexico buddy, was coming into the city from Ft. Wayne, Indiana.  I literally got home from work on friday at 6:46 on Friday and I had to catch the 6:54 train out to the city to meet up with them.  So I ran and grabbed some clothes and stuff and Ron drove me to the station.  Fast forward, I met up with Zach and Nick at Union Station and had a drink.  Then we went to a bus stop to wait for Joel, another Mexico buddy.  This was on the north side, this homeless woman was in the bus stop too, just casually smoking a blunt haha.  It was a small bus stop overhead thingy, so the 3 of us just kind of stood all around her and acted like nothing was strange.  Fast forward, we went and got sushi, well they did, for some reason I decided not too eat, I just got a beer.  Then we went and got keys to my sisters new apartment, which is awesome by the way, 10 minute walk to duffys.  The apartment is huge too, no more walking through the bedroom to get to the bathroom, or just using the fire escape instead, actually, they have an exterior stairwell which would work.  So we got the keys, went to Duffy's.  It was pretty crowded but we stayed in the front area, Nick and Joel aren't the types who like to dance...er by dance I mean the ricks style dancing, they just like to chill.  Our waitress/bartender was coincidentally my friend from high school, Lisa.  The story with Lisa is that she was on the cheerleading team with my ex, Lexi and Chuck's ex, Kristin.  Lisa and Drabik kind of had a thing.  So the 6 of us would hang out from time to time.  Honestly, Lisa is/was the most attractive one out of the 3.  Back to Duffys, I opened up a tab, I thought Lisa was hooking us up because it was 4 shots of tequila for $10.  Then we just alternated between shots and beers.  Zach made a comment about how he felt like a "little fish" because the average age was probably about 25-26.  So we started calling Zach Little Fish.  Then he spilled half of one of his shots on the table, justifying the name. I got worried because I still hadn't eaten anything since lunch.  Surprisingly, I didn't get that bad.  But I slowed down my pace a little, then they started calling me Little Fish.  Almost right after that Zach spilled his beer so he became Little Fish again, awesome.  When closing time came around my buddies wanted me to get get Lisa's number but I didn't, instead I invited her and one of her other bartender friends to Yak-Zees, the bar right down the street. She said they would try to come after they cleaned up the bar.  So I closed out my biggest tab ever and we went to Yak-Zees and got a pizza, which was awesome because usually kitchens arent open that late.  Lisa and her friend never showed, bummer.  We went back to my sisters empty apt and fell asleep, the 3rd time that I've slept in her apt before she has haha.  We woke up around 9.

"I feel like dying, I feel like dying"

Not too bad though, we walked back to Duffy's and got breakfast and Mimosa's.  Zach and I parted ways with Nick and made our way to Wrigley for the Cubs game.  The Cubs won! 5 run eighth inning, nice!  We walked back to Steph's and then made our way to Michigan Avenue.  Zach got some sick blue and maize Adidas shoes and I almost bought a pair of Ray-Ban aviators.  We got dinner at a Chili's while we watched the Butler/VCU game.  Then we took the L back to my sisters to get ready for the night.  Fast forward, we ended up taking the L to the south side, so sketchy.  People would just drive by us and mean mug us while we waited for the bus.  Once it was a middle aged black guy in a minivan, he just slowed down and stared at us.  It didn't help that we were wearing matching Michigan rain jacket's, and Zach had this girly bag to hold the fifth he bought for the friend who's birthday party we were headed to.  Zach also found this vodka infused whipped cream, it was really popular at the party.  Fast forward, we got to Steph's (not my sister), south side apt before the party to pregame.  Barnes and his buddy, Larry met up with us there too.  The theme of the night became, "Do sumthinn!" It was inspired by the song "Touch It" on Pusha T's new mixtape.  The song is exactly what you think its about.  When people, mostly U of Chicago track people (because Steph is on the team), most of the girls were wearing the nerd outfit.  You know, the whole big bottle cap glasses, suspenders, short shorts and long socks.  A lot of them were pretty cute and already pretty drunk because they were at a nerd party.  It was a great party, they had some Asian DJ who was pretty good, a whole room just for dancing, filled with lap dances for the birthday girl, a jealous ex boyfriend of the birthday girl, and good amount of cute girls.  Unfortunately, it was not the last party of the evening because around 2 everyone just poured out and us 4 guys were left with nothing but 2 of the girls who were lesbians.  Steph left with her ex, Zach was trying to get with Steph, so he was kind of pissed.  Then we started getting him amped up saying that the ex was a tool and wasn't leaving her side.  So Zach got really mad and punched a door and started screaming f*ck...It was sooo funny, but I feel bad because we totally amped him up,for no reason really.  His knuckles were bleeding a lot, too. He sent Steph a text that was something like "You made the wrong choice, I would have licked u up and down nasty" haha.  Then Larry drove us to Barnes' apt.  His place is really nice.  We got to bed around 3ish.  We woke up at 6:40.

"I feel like dying, I feel like dying"

This time for real, Zach and I had to wake up that early because Little Fish Zach got a 7:30 train ticket out of Union Station.  We made it there in time but I felt like crap, Zach was still drunk.  I made sure he got to the right terminal then I walked to my train station.  The next train for me wasn't until 8:40, such a long wait.  Fast forward, I got lunch with Anderson, he left for pilot's training tonight, demn!  He'll be in North Carolina for about 6 weeks now.  I haven't done much else today, which stinks because apparently it got up to 71 degrees, according to Uzi.  I just stayed in an played the new Tiger Woods and watched the cubs game.  I hope that I won't be drained at work tomorrow.



Lex has his own charter bus!

Here's to Little Fish,

Chin


1 comment:

  1. About that bartender....haven't you learned from my little stories that you always should at least try to get the number...at least then you know that you tried and she either was/wasn't interested....We'll try again in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete