Wednesday, April 27, 2011

No, I said I 'like' you

Before I even get started, Ann Arbor/Hotel Arch was another great weekend.  But, like I texted 1502 after I got home, it just sucks that it makes me miss the Junior and especially Senior year that I will never get back..  But hey, a toast to Old Father Time, raise a glass because every time we hang out it is the most bittersweet thing when its winding down and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it but make the best of it.  Time goes on and even in absence, we grow closer as friends.  There's really no need to rehash any of the specifics of what went down over the weekend...bullet point summary below:

-Rick's
-Trying to catch up with 1502 with Barnes
-Rick's (stage)
-Steinhurst and Co.
-Taco Bell (gonna get hot sauce in my car like that killer?)
-End Scene (Hotel Arch with Barn-es)
-Dominick's constant buzz
-MY sangria
-Track meet
-Sidetrack(s) poor service
-THEIR sangria
-Beer (two brothers)
-Mike O riding his bike
-Prickly Pear's 1.5 hour supposed wait
-9 (8) beer tasting at Grizz Peak
-Prickly Pear's 40 min. actual wait
-Broken chair
-Bar Louie (buzzkill)
-Charley's
-Hook up on longest islands from Mike O's girl (buzz revival)
-Melissa and Co. (FEE-ling bad I can't remember the name)
-Rick's
-Rick's
-Rick's
-BTB (not Cantina)
-Sleeping on Cass-thighs thighs
-Wake up from Lizzie
-End Scene (Hotel Arch with Mike O)
-Benny's (Zach)
-No Lizzie
-Last goodbyes

Take it as you will, those would be the key points of my weekend with 1502/Arch/Barnes.  These times will be missed.

Shifting gears, since the weekend I have coincidentally gone to Muldoon's every night I have been back.  Whether it be for the Bulls'game or to catch up with Anderson (tonight) I have been going there a lot this month.

The point of the title of this blog is that Mousey is going to be a hard case to crack.  Something I didn't realize about Wheaton (college) girls is that even meeting with them can be a challenge.  Mousey has been dodgey to say the least.  Ok, to her credit we've barely texted but she just seems very passive and uninterested.  It's really starting to seem like this isn't going to pan out.  Correction, it's very likely this won't pan out.  So the title of the blog, right.  I mean, I'm "interested" in this girl and she's giving me the cold shoulder before I even get a chance to state my case.  She trying to act like I'm so hung up over her...Get of your high horse and play with the rest of the field...it's just like Nicole, too afraid to dip into something a little unfamiliar.  I'm not trying to say I'm some hardcore hood kid, I grew up in Wheaton, but these girls are hesitant to hear the point of view of a guy who used to share their sentiments that has been exposed to a little bit of the real (non-Wheaton) world....Nicole needs to realize that with her marriage, she's going to burn some bridges (like I told Anderson), no matter how hard she tries to maintain them.  Similarly, Mousey should not tell me that she "goes for a run" every chance she gets, then tell me that she "has a very busy week, maybe next week"...Both of them, just hiding truth behind this guilt of actually not being able to satisfy everyone in the world.  Agreed, it would suck more if Mousey just didn't reply, but at least I wouldn't feel compelled to continue playing this game.  I'm not gonna give up on the Wheaton (college) girl though, I bet I could find one that is open to suggestions...Time will tell...

Courtesy of David, not the pole

Here's to Old Father Time,

Chin

4 comments:

  1. Her name was HOLLY!!! I always remember the ones that get away ha. Well not always, just this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Otherwise, I totally agree with you on the Mousey thing...but there's nothing we can do about girls/people who refuse to open up their horizons a little bit and explore the world. Her Loss. I like the not giving up on Wheaton college girl thing though, I sense success in your near future there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha...excellent post I especially liked the "it's just like Nicole, too afraid to dip into something a little unfamiliar." line. Funny thing is that they would probably say the same thing about you. As a friend I NEED you to move out of Wheaton, spread your wings and fly

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW...I CAN'T figure out how to add the "My bloglist" or list of your favorite blogs to the side of my site???

    ReplyDelete