Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Adjustment Bureau

It's been a pretty uneventful week.  The regular work schedule, except I'm starting to work later on some days, until 7 or so.  It's pretty unfortunate that I've started working later days because it's starting to get lighter out for longer.  So I thought, "Great, I can get home and run before the sun goes down".  As of last week, I only made it out on Monday, even then the sun was down before I finished the run because I got home late from work.

Drabik and I have been hanging out a lot lately, going to the local coffee shop, going to the bars or seeing movies.  We went and saw The Adjustment Bureau on Wednesday, good film, I would definitely recommend it.  I expect that with the warm weather we will start doing more stuff outdoors, frisbee and basketball, things like that.  I've come to realize that I am definitely a warm weather kind of guy.  I don't mind the cold, but I am always in a better mood when the sun is shining and I don't have to put on tons of layers.

St. Patty's was relatively uneventful for me, I met up with some buddies at Caliendo's, had some green beer and then went to Muldoon's for another beer with Drabik.

Perhaps the most exciting news this week was that Anderson got a job for a regional airline.  He will be flying for Piedmont Airlines all across the east coast.  He'll have to move out to Charlotte pretty soon to start training.  I'm really happy for him, he get's tons of sweet perks.  He can fly anywhere he wants to for free, as long as there is an open seat on the plane.  That means he could just go to the airport, check the departures board and hop on any plane going anywhere in the world for free.  Then family members get 25 free flights a year, too bad Anderson doesn't have a sister.  He gets to have a travel partner, which will be Jackie, at least until they get married.  Then he also gets 8 travel buddy things where we can fly for free as long as he is on the plane with us, nice!  So we are planning a weekend to South America or something.

Nothing else much happened this weekend, I woke up this morning to see that I got a text from Nicole last night that read, "I'm engaged!"  So that's the end of that chapter, can't say I'm happy with the ending, I did like her but I think that this last month has really nixed any chance of us becoming just friends in the long run.  Since she started dating this guy, maybe 3 months ago, I stopped liking her, gradually.  Then, just as I would be pretty much over her, it seemed there would be a text from her that stirred it all up again.  I'm just saying, when/if I get engaged, the first people I am telling will not be people who I've had a somewhat romantic past with.

My lack of going out this weekend has led me to look forward to what Stev did in Wake Forest, so I'll wait patiently until A Family Affair, Part 2. Haha.



Here's to the outdoor season,

Chin

No comments:

Post a Comment