Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fresh for the club, just took a half an hour nap

I'm about to write this before watching last Monday's HIMYM, if it's got a good theme I might have to post again later.  I figure that there's a lot of events that I have to cover though so I didn't want this post to be too long.

I should have written about last weekend before this one, my brain is overloaded and I will probably forget some of the details in last weekend.  On last Saturday with Uzi and Ike we got downtown via the train sometime before dinner.  We went to Mich ave to do some shopping.  The only thing we bought was 3 pairs of socks for me because I had a huge blister from my shoes and had to cover the blood.  Before I forget I have to tell this story about Ike.  He fell asleep in my car for about 20 seconds and when he woke up he was like, "Just thought you guys should know, I just passed out"  It turned into this running joke for the weekend, ah, I guess you had to be there.  Back to last Saturday, we got some deep dish pizza, Ike got hit on by some cougars, they thought he was 19.  I guess they failed to see that he had a long island iced tea and we were sitting at the bar, I guess it was just an in line.  We went to Ike's friend's apt, Britney, where we pregamed.  She knew Stev, Wheeler and Mike O because of the phi psi date party they went to.  That whole Carly/Kim/Helga(?) fiasco.  Needless to say, Britney was pretty cold to me when she found out I knew them, especially Stev haha.  Barnes and his buddy, Larry, came by had some more drinks and Britney told us she had some cute friends coming over.  This led to the first note in my phone.

"The promise of good times (Britney said that her friends were coming over) and how is makes a pregame a lot more positive(?)"

I don't know why I have these deep thoughts when I should be out socializing and what not.  Barnes was hungry so him and I went and got burgers from this small place.  They were known for being rude and all so they swore at us and called Barnes a bunch of bad things when he only wanted lettuce and ketchup.  Anyways, we go back to the pregame and keep waiting for Britney's friends.  They showed up not too much later and their appearance led to the next note on my phone.

"Then it's baddd"

It was a note that added to my first thought.  These girls were not worth waiting for 2 hours.  Yeah that sounds shallow, but we felt like Britney manipulated us haha.  There were only 4 girls and Britney had mentioned that she had 6-7 cute friends coming.  So Ike asks me jokingly, "Where are the other 3 girls?"  I replied, "Where are the other 7 girls?"...that was mean too.

We made our way to this bar called Rockit, expensive, $9 for a single rum and coke.  Uzi's friends from the night before, Jen, met up with us and we went to Crossing, one of the bars that was closed the night before because we got there too late.  It was pretty cool, really big and it had dancing or chilling, I liked it.  Ike got into a dance off for some reason.  This guy did this stupid flip, like using his hands and all and accidentally kicked Ike in the mouth haha.  Then the guys other dance move was to lay on the floor, on his stomach.  Uzis like, "I thought he was going to start doing the worm or something, but he just laid there, on a dirty a** floor".  So funny haha.

At some point in the night some guys pulled up in a car and the passenger told Uzi that he looked familiar.  Uzi responded, "Yea, you look familiar too...like Owen Wilson."  Then I chimed in, "Yea! but add 40 years!"  The guy was upset apparently, but they pulled away before anything happened, good thing.  It's bad, I'm starting to get rowdy when I drink, but I think its just because we had liquor and almost always only drink beer.

The other thing that happened that night was getting pizza.  They had a pizza called "Popeye Pizza".  Ike thought that it was going to have buffalo chicken on it, like Popeye's chicken, but it turned out to be a spinach pizza with tomato slices.  Ike was pissed so he spit most of it out, it was gross how he did it, food everywhere out of his mouth.  Overall the pizza sucked, so we all cracked up when a guy leaving the place, by himself goes, "That's some good a** pizza" haha.

Uzi and I crashed at Jen's place, I slept on a couch in their living room.  I woke up at around 4:30 and there was some other dude crawling under my covers.  He was facing the other way on the couch so we just made eye contact and I was like, "Yo" kind of questioning him what the heck are you doing.  He ignored me and we both fell back to sleep.  Throughout the night we fought over my blanket and kicked each other for room.  I have no idea why I didn't just tell him to get off or whatever.  Around 8 am on Sunday, one of Jen's roommates comes out and she sees the 2 of us sleeping there.  Turns out he was her boyfriend and he is used to sleeping on a couch so in his drunken stupor he got up from her bed and came to the couch I was on, even though...I was on it.

So that was the weekend with Uzi and Ike.  Then Sunday night was David Gray with Squires.  Understandably, I guess, she asked if I wanted to drink on the train ride.  We did.  About half a fifth of some Bacardi.  Drop Kick Murphy's was playing downtown that night also so we made some friends on the train.  they were pretty rowdy and Squires said she saw one of the girl's vaginas because she had a short skirt and apparently, no underwear.  We got into the city pretty early so we went and got some drinks at the bar around the corner from the Chicago Theater, cool place, I can't remember the name of it though.  The concert was awesome, it was a small venue and there was really no bad seat, except for Squires' seat, because she sat behind this guy with a huge head, huge.  We had to run/hop a cab to make it back to the train in time, our driver even made some illegal turns to help get us there in time.  It was also raining, so we were pretty wet.

One thing I noticed while watching the concert is how much we can be controlled by our environments.  DG is a very romantic light rock kind of artist and I guess to put it one way, it would have been weird to go with a guy friend.

It took me all day Monday at work to recover.  I got very little sleep over that weekend.  It didn't help that I had to get up at 6 to take my grandma's trash out.  The two things I wrote on my phone that night were:

"An interesting juxtapose" (No idea why I wrote that)

"Drunk me makes good decisions and drunk me makes bad decisions (6 am for popo)"

I leave extra notes because I've really been forgetting why I write some things.


The last thing I wrote that weekend was "Stupid people", don't know why I wrote that.

On thursday I went to see Grand Rapids with Drabik, it was pretty funny, like an indie 40 year old virgin. "NTS-not too shabby", I've got to start saying that.

This weekend I went to Ann Arbor.  Stayed at hotel arch, obviously.  Great hosts as usual.  I picked Sweeny, Saint and Terp up from DT Chicago, they were visiting for SB.  We had a really foggy ride out to MI, Saint actually drove because I had to eat my McDonald's.  We just stayed in on Friday night because it was already 12:30 when we got in.  We talked with Joe's parents for a long time and had some boxed wine.  Woke up Saturday morning and watched Selena, kind of.  Sweeney fed me a 22 oz. IPA from his favorite brewery in San Diego, or his fav brewery period.  The most expensive beer I've had, Ruination, and probably the best IPA I've ever had, which says a lot because thats my favorite type of beer.  Then I had some one of his other beers from the same brewery called Arrogant Bastard.  Cassie came by for a little.  Sweeney almost Naked Manned her but his chickened out and left his boxers on.  My buddy, Zach, from Mexico came by, he knows Dobs too.  Then Dobs, Sweeney, Forys, Zach, Saint and I went to Ashley's for Guinness floats, thanks for the ride Cassthighs!  I never had a Guinness float before, good stuff.  Midway through, Chelsea, another Mexico friend came by and joined us.  Zach, Chelsea, Dobs and I all went to BTB Cantina to meet another Mex friend, Samantha.  There was a black frat there or something so it was pretty packed.  Zach and I Samantha Sandwiched with her on the stage, I was cracking up the whole time.  Saint joined up with us and eventually him and Dobs left.  Chelsea, Zach and I went to Rick's and danced a little.  We left and I walked Chelsea home.  We sat and talked in her living room for a little and eventually gave her a friendly 1502 hello.  More of just a 1502 wave, nothing much too it at all.  I guess she just recently broke up with her bf so she was a little emotionally unsteady.  I offered to leave and she let me leave, meh, aside from the fact that it was 4 am, I was kind of glad to leave because I didn't want any confusion.  The other thing, I think I totally stole Zach's kill.  Actually I know I did, jerk move by me.  I know I did because he texted her something like "Hey, if you want to still hang we should" or something like that.  I'm not trying to step on any toes on my weekends in A2.  Oh, the other reason it would have been nice to have stayed over at her place is because I want to be like Stev and not actually sleep at Hotel Arch when I have a reservation there anyway.  Benny's for breakfast this morning, he was dressed in that nice stuff as usual.  I visited Lizzie for a little bit, found out she actually bought a dress for Austin's wedding, well, used that as more of a reason to buy a new dress.  However, now it looks like she might not be able to come, I guess we'll see.  Squires, you may be able to come to this wedding after all haha.  Driving home I realized that I forgot to sign the guest book, again.  So here's my entry that I forgot to write:

"Comfortably established as the premier place to lodge at for me, Hotel Arch will be sorely missed when I can't stay there anymore.  So I will keep coming here as many times as possible.  Joe and Dobs were great roommates and David flexed his culinary prowess once again, even though spiral ham makes you real gassy.  Can't wait until the backyard opens up again!"

So now I enter a solid month of workdays and weekends.  Maybe some Chicago trips every now and then with this weather warming up.

Here's to Hotel Arch (again),

Chin

No comments:

Post a Comment