Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Fab 5

Of course that's the title after watching that documentary.  Except our Fab 5, being the 1502 house, doesn't have anyone doing basketball analysis for ESPN.

No notes in my phone.  I decided to do this really stupid thing where I don't tell people certain things about my life, they can only find out this stuff if they read my blog.  It's really a stupid idea, so I'm not going to do it.  But the one thing I haven't told anyone in real life is that I got into an accident on Friday  morning going to work.  I was behind this SUV, trying to go right on red.  There were no cars coming, so she lets off her brakes and I thought she was going to go out.  So I start looking to see if I'm clear to go, turns out the woman stopped for no reason, so I gave her a little love tap.  We get out of our cars, there is absolutely NO DAMAGE to her car, none.  In fact, I took off some dirt is all, so I actually cleaned her car a little for her, son of a...My car has a little scratch on the fender thats all.  Still, she insisted that I give her my insurance information because she wants to take her car into the shop, just to make sure...Eff it, so now my rates will probably go up because she reported the accident, not to the cops, just to her insurance.  To top it all off, she was Asian.  Really?  Most people who know me know how I feel about Asians, and that's just so typical, "Oh well, I'd like to get you're insurance information just in case...because I don't care if I screw you over, I just want to make sure my car is ok"..Woman, your car is fine, there is nothing wrong with your car...but please, feel free to screw me over..and why did you stop again, there was nooooo oncoming traffic, oh my gosh , so pissed....

The way I figured it, since my Friday's are usually really good, something great had to happen to me to off balance the accident.  Nothing too cool really happened, in fact, I ended up working until 7:30 that night, then Dre and I just watched the bulls game and nothing else really.

I guess the "great" thing that happened is that it's getting warmer out.  Also, with daylight savings now, I will be getting home when the sun is still up.  That means I can start running outside after work, which I've been looking forward to for awhile.  For some reason my knees don't like the treadmill, usually they're supposed to be better for your legs than running outside or whatever.  Also with the warm weather comes longer days, I'm hoping to join some sand vball leagues and a softball league this year.  Then outdoor basketball with Dre, bike rides with Squires, runs with Callie...Warm weather is awesome.

Last night, Dre and I went to Muldoon's, local Wheaton bar, to watch the Bulls vs. Jazz game.  Mike wanted to get some coffee from La Spiaza, local Wheaton coffee shop, so we went there first.  Squires joined us at Muldoon's, great special on Sam Adam's.  We all talked, had a good time.  So when we decided to leave it was only around 10:45, I guess we started a little early.  I was in bed earlier than the nights I have work the next day...

Lizzie was at the Bulls game.  We were talking earlier in the week about meeting up for lunch in the city.  She never called so I just didn't go downtown.  I would've really liked to go downtown this weekend, St. Patty's day parade, Barnes texted me that he wanted to hang out and getting lunch with Lizzie would've all been fun.  As it is, I didn't go downtown...could've been a great time.  After the Jazz lost, Lizzie texted me that she wanted to go out...Had I gone downtown I would've been in favor of that, but I wasn't.



On the other side, I have been spending way too much money.  Chicago with Ike and Uz was expensive and then Ann Arbor last weekend.  I had a $15 charge to Quik-E burger that I do not even remember.  Kind of funny, but I'm disappointed that I was that reckless with my spending.  I figure that it must have been when Zach, Chelsea and I were walking back...

I think I'll do my best Stev and slow down until Ann Arbor in April, easy to say at the end of the weekend.  We'll see how I feel next Friday...

Here's to Spring,

Chin

1 comment:

  1. All I can really say about this post is Asian Woman Driver....

    ReplyDelete