Wednesday, February 9, 2011

King's Ransom

Stev...yes, I am enjoying the new lupe song, but you know how I am, I usually REALLY listen to a song when the whole album is out.  As far as the next reunion, I will be in AA for sure the first weekend of April, but I am open to going out there anytime before then for a weekend.  Or we could always try to meet somewhere else, I know Drabik has been meaning to get out to NYC for a while now.  Then Cassie will be back in Illinois for that vball thing she was here for last year.  Problem with that is that I'll be in Michigan at that time (May 26) for Austin and Brittany's wedding.  But yea, I'm open to a weekend anywhere between myself and everyone else, maybe not Wheeler tho.

And Cassie, I also miss the daily updates, but I think we're all busier now then, plus blogging isn't as novel anymore.  I do check to see if both your blogs are updated every night tho, haha.  Nevertheless, I have been trying to right thoughts onto my phone so I could talk about them in my blog, because I never have any ideas of what to write about.  So here's the two ideas I have written down on my phone.

1. "Are humans instinctively monogamous?"

I actually posed this question to Sweeney.  I was thinking about it just because of how frequent divorce is and how we've all definitely been attracted to multiple people, sometimes at the same time.  Sweeney's answer was no, but he thinks that our ancient ancestor's were, so from time to time there are humans who are monogamous.  He proposes that goes back to our ancestors because back then, humans were more concerned about things like surviving themselves, not trying to expand their lineage.  Now that we have such easy access to food and shelter, humans now focus on spreading their seeds or whatever.  That definitely makes sense.  Then when you think of the monogamous animals like those ducks that look like they can run on water, I think they're going extinct. Penguins also, and they're monogamous because of how hard it is to live in Antarctica, I'm really only thinking about March of the Penguins haha.  Obviously, Sweeney persuaded me to agree with him, so I'm sticking to it.  I just hope that if/when I do get married it's someone that I can get along with and stay with for until we're too old to worry about getting a divorce, like 60-70, just because it would just be a hassle at that point.  Even so, once I retire I just plan to focus a lot on travel, since that's all there will be to do.

2. "Ode to coffee"

I wrote this note down last night while Anderson and I were at Front St. getting some beers.  We talked all about the regular things, him about Jackie, myself about the girlfriend that I don't have, him about flight classes, myself about my new job.  We were thinking of finding a place together when my job moves to Elgin, but its looking grim right now, I still do want to move out by the end of March regardless.  Living at home is just getting so aggravating with all the little things that me parents do, but thats for another time.  Anderson and I got on the subject of coffee and how awesome it is.  He buys his from Dunkin donuts a lot, I hardly buy coffee already made, except for when I go out to bfast.  I guess I wrote "Ode to coffee" thinking I was going to have some well structured verses or something, but its really just that I like it a lot, I realize that I can't abuse it (only 1 travelers mug from mon-fri), and that it makes me feel like I can do way more crap than if I didn't have it.  It usually gets me through until lunchtime.  Then at work, after lunch I get a huge crash.  Its been rough sometimes, I just try to stay moving.  Oh coffee, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...naw...

I am going to try to blog more often, hopefully this new method of writing ideas will give me more content to work with.  And Cassie, I had a dream last night, could you check the book for what it means?  The dream was that I played some catch with Conan O'Brien in the Wheaton City Hall parking lot.  Check for words like "parking lot" or "O'brien".



Here's to the trinity of blogs, may they live forever!

Chin

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha do you really want her to check the book for "O'Brien" haha you are hilarious Chin....But on to the subject...More and more I'm thinking that I agree with you and Sweeney in thinking that Humans are NOT born monogamous. I don't want to try to summarize everyone else's lives or anything so I'll just speak personally. Having a girlfriend hasn't been hard for me but I find myself holding back natural tendencies. These include but are not limited to checking out other girls, dancing, starting random conversations with girls, getting involved in people's conversations....pretty much all the things that would normally make me seem like a good time to people. Case in point, the other day I ran into this girl I used to work with back in High School that I had a huge crush on. Mainly because she had a pretty face with Angelina Jolie lips, and lets just say that my imagination would run wild about those. After catching up with her and talking and smiling and what not Kerry immediately began to question me about her. It made me feel like talking/having a good time with other girls was like a crime. I know that I've been a bit promiscuous in the past so perhaps I'm just having a hard time getting over that but more and more I feel like I'm just not made out to settle down right now...Honestly I'm all for the institution of marriage, my parents have a beautiful one and I want one too, but I understand that there is a certain TIME for settling down, something that most people fail to understand. BOTH parties have to be ready to put aside the pleasantries of the single life and prepare for a life of compromise and settling...Sure the honeymoon phase of any relationship is great, but once you move past that its usually a lot of work...So if you don't want to work...which I feel like most people don't want to do, then being single just seems "Natural"...Perhaps friends with benefits is really the way we're supposed to be, and thats why so many cultures allow multiple partners and what not....Yes just rambling but thats my $2.50 on the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Stev...your comment was longer than Chins blog.

    Chin, I love coffee too. I agree with everything you said about coffee...it is just great.

    My two cents on the whole monogomous thing...I don't know which is the rule and which is the exception, monogomous or promiscuous (or whatever you call not monogomous)...maybe there isn't a rule to our nature anymore...maybe in our society you can just do what you want. I would like to think that one day we will all find that person we can live with forever and ever...like for the rest of ours lives (a long fucking time)...but not everyone is looking for one person...although I would say for the most part (consciously or subconsciously) we are all looking for one. As Dane would try to correct me...not "the" one but a one...if you know what I mean.

    Parking lot, car park, parking: a socially acceptable place to rest, to meet, to make some sort of change or exchange. The parked car might also mean you have stopped "going anywhere" in life, or that you have changed to walking--getting somewhere through personal effort. Or even that you have stopped "driving yourself"--relaxing.

    Can't find parking place: perhaps you are finding it difficult to relax, to get out of the demands of the "traffic" of your life.

    O'Brien wasn't in it so I looked up celebrity, which told me to go to famous people: desire to be noticed and acclaimed; your potential, often unacknowledged, and projected onto dream character; depending on how you related to the famous person, your ability to accept yourself as respected; desire ambitions, and efforts to become successful. Sometimes the person may, because of their life or role, represent a particular quality, such as courage, love, "ruling" drives in life, authority, etc...fil/stage/tv star: may be what is described above under famous people, but if the star has a particular quality, the dream may use them to denote this characteristic, such as love, treachery, courage, etc...

    I would say your dream means that you are coming to accept your success and you feel like you should be respected for it. Your efforts to become successful are finally being realized! Go Chin! You have good dreams...I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete