Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snowed out (almost)

A blizzard of "biblical proportions" is what they're calling this.  It sounds like a good slogan for Dairy Queen.

So aside from the huge amount of snow that has started, it's been pretty windy for a few days now.  It's blowing against the windows in my bedroom, so it's been around 52 degrees when I go in there at night.  Now I know how Cassie feels from 1502 (I still turn my space heater off when I'm at work, haha...jk killer).  Another effect of this storm is that I get my first snow day since high school tomorrow.  They let us off work today at 3, it took me 4 times longer to get home though.  The worst part was when I finally got into Wheaton.  Most of the roads weren't plowed, it was getting dark and my wipers had iced over, demn!  Luckily, I'm home now.  Since I don't work tomorrow, I kind of want to go out and do something, I wonder if DT Wheaton will be open.

Todd was in town over the weekend but I only got to see him on Friday night.  We went and saw the Mechanic, which was pretty good actually.  The other days he spent with Sarah, I'm pretty sure they're going to get married.  On Saturday Todd and I were going to hang but he kept doing things with Sarah, I didn't really care though because I think I was playing Zombies all day.  Brandon and I got to level 34, new record, nice!  Ricky was in the game but left after around level 29 or so to meet up with some other friends.  It was about a 3.5 hour game.

I wonder how Wheeler's doing out in CO, I heard he ended up going to AA after all.  Typical Wheeler, he couldn't plan it, but he ended up making it happen anyway.  I'm just saying, I think he could have made it happen that weekend when you were all up there.


This image taken from Drabik's Tumblr, taken from

Here's to DQ's new marketing campaign,

Chin

PS...I think Stev is the front runner now for first wedding reunion.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha Im loving the DQ marketing campaign, just as much as you're loving Lupe's new tune?

    As for the snow, enjoy it, we were out of school for 4 out of 5 days last week so I think we got enough of it...

    And for your last comment, I may be the front runner now, but as we have learned over many years of watching people run, those who start in front don't often finish first....so watch for the sleepers....meaning Cassie...and the unpredictable ones...meaning Wheeler..

    That being said...when's our next reunion??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote the next reunion is located somewhere warm...loving the whole winter wonderland thing but let's go get some sun!

    Chin...I am sorry you now know how I felt in the basement...that sucks! At least you got a snow day though! I was literally one of the three staff members at work on Wednesday...it was stupid.

    And of course Matt stopped in randomly...fail...but it was fun seeing him...he hasn't changed a bit...saw like a billion different girls when he was here for like 16 hours total haha

    Miss you guys! And our old daily updates!

    ReplyDelete