Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Who Will Survive in America

I've been struggling to wake up at reasonable hours these days, as in, around 12:30.  I think it's because it's getting colder out, so my bed feels way better than anywhere else I could be.  That being said, I have to wake up at 5:50 tomorrow to get on the road to Massachusetts for Thanksgiving.  I'm sure I will go back to sleep in the car, but it will be no where near as comfortable as my bed.

Anyways, after I woke up I wrapped some DVD's for the Xmas gift exchange we are doing with our family while in MA.  I bought Cool Hand Luke and Shawshank Redemption.  I worked at Shane's with Gordon.  My ex-girlfriend, Steph, is in town for Thanksgiving, so I shot her a text.  Her, my old friend Sean, and I met up at Caliendo's around 8.  She invited Sean, I don't blame her, it was a really random meeting, I don't think I have had a real conversation with her for about 6 years.  She went to U of Texas, where I thought she had become some crazy party girl.  From what I gather, she did do a decent amount of partying, but she still seems like she hasn't changed too much.  We all talked for about an hour and a half, made plans to hang out when I get back from Massachusetts on Sunday.  We'll see what happens, tonight was random enough but it was also a lot of fun.  After Caliendo's, I drove to Drabik's because he got into town tonight.  We went to Muldoon's to chat a little.  We were met by an old high school classmate, Tom, who would not leave us alone.  I had a beer there and then Dre and I just headed back to my house to talk and watch the Bulls game.

I kind of wish I was not out of town for so long because I am going to miss a lot of my friends coming back into town.  Meh, I like seeing the family.


Here's to old friends,

Chin

No comments:

Post a Comment