Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A job I'm qualified to do, finally...

Today marked my first day at my new job at Shane's Deli, which is actually my old job that I held for 5 and a half years.  Last night I was admittedly a little nervous, whenever I do get a real job I'll probably pull a Stev while trying to sleep the night before.  Fortunately, the whole day went off without a hitch, the amigos were happy to work with me again and we never got too overwhelmed with customers.  The new workers there are plenty capable too.  I worked for 9 hours, from 10:30 til 7:30, with a 30 min lunch break with Stev and Squires.  This is my attempt to fit them both in a picture but they were on opposite sides of the table...


I've got an interview on Thursday morning for an internship at Infinium Capital Management in Chicago tomorrow.  It'd be a 6 month internship and it would have very little to do with Electrical Engineering, which...could be a good thing.  In honesty, I really just didn't enjoy engineering as much as my classmates did, in my opinion.

Tonight Stev and I watched The Full Monty, we're trying to watch a bunch of movies that were nominated for best picture awards in the past.  It was pretty funny, I'd suggest checking it out if you like male strippers and comedy...I guess...

Stev's blog about why girls have it good was pretty interesting, I definitely suggest you check it out on his page.  Cassie's blog was hilarious, even though she was probably not trying to be funny....

Chin

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the internship interview...and like someone smart probably said once.."you'll never know until you try."

    ReplyDelete