Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Jokes

Another day at Shane's, another good time.  I feel like I'm repetitive with the Shane's talk, but I really like working there.  I didn't really do much else aside from Shane's, so here's a thought...

I was in a pretty good mood today and I think it was all cause of one good joke...that was told about 5 years ago.  Here's what happened:  I had to go change out the diet coke syrup this morning.  Now, when the syrup runs out, the machine in the basement makes this repetitive hissing noise.  It's loud, not annoying.  Also, the downstairs of Shane's is dark and wet.  This machine is just racks of soda syrups with tubes sticking out of it.  It was while I was downstairs that I thought of the joke.  5 years ago, a coworker, Marty, changed out some coke syrup and claimed that it felt like being in a submarine that's being attacked.  Obviously, you had to be there, but this joke...it just must have gotten better with time, much like a fine wine.  Now, these jokes are knock knocks or "What's the deal with..." necessarily, although they could be.  These are the jokes that remind you of good times passed with good friends...Today's joke, paired with working at Shane's, put me in a great mood, that I'm still in.  So I want to point out some of the funnier times, not really jokes, I've had:

-Meeting Cassie.
-Sweeney picking up Bianca at the foam pit party...and all the excuses we came up with to host that party...(wheeler getting level 60 or 70 in WoW, my Quinceniera, Grant doing well on a test or something, I can't remember Stev's reason)
-All of the Florida Spring break at Lani Kai (Sorry for making the Florida vacation reference Stev).

Odd, it's hard to think of things off the top of my head, but as I think of funnier moments, I will be sure to record them.

Here's to jokes,



Chin

2 comments:

  1. What about St. Practice Day 2010, vodka watermelon, double downs, attempting to make pizza from scratch, naked lap, the Pube before it even opened, trip home from Notre Dame, fish stick tacos, and of course - GATORS GO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! See it was hard for me to think of all that...naked lap was awesome

    ReplyDelete