Thursday, September 9, 2010

Road Trip in Summary

As my first post is coming way later than Stev's...I think I'll summarize my views on the midwest roadtrip.

Leaving AA
Truly a bittersweet moment.  After a day of drinking came a night of power houring, getting a frosh track student an MIP and resisting arrest charge, Zumee Zumee, and the rebirth of the Scnei Schnei twins.  Truly a great last night in AA.  The next morning my original plan was to leave around 10, however, after Benny's and saying all the goodbyes, we didnt get out until 11:30.  Then we had to stop by Killer's AA house to pick up my minivan bucket seats, and drop off the security deposit agreement papers, which apparently are null and void now, haha...not really (27.7% ain't bad...haha).  I will miss Ann Arbor, best 4 years of my life, by farrrr...

Akron
Akron was great.  I got to see my Mexico roommate, Angelo.  We had some of his family business' pizza, Guiseppe's.  It was the best. Angelo's girlfriend, Nicole, was hilarious.  Molly, another Mexico friend, stopped by and we got to catch up a little.  We went to U of Akron and pregamed with a frat then went to a bar called pints, where we had something.  Angelo succeeded in getting me pretty messed up.  We we got home we smashed on some pizza then went to bed in Angelo's tight basement (picture).  The next morning his mom made us bfast and we hit the road.

Bloomington
Getting into Indiana was the longest drive but it was well worth it.  We met up with Sandra, another friend from Mexico.  I took her to her last class of the day and also picked her up.  Meanwhile, Stev was off doing Stev things with Amy, his Bloomington sweetheart.  That night we got some beer and I made Sandra Arnold Palmer's with Burnett's Sweet Tea Vodka.  It was gonna be one of those nights.  We went to Kilroy's where Stev got us minipitchers of long islands.  Sandra was havin a rough time so I finished the remainder of hers.

Ft. Wayne
Ft. Wayne was nice and low-key, a good change of pace from the heavy drinking that had been taking place.  My Mexico buddy, Nick, is married and was in the Marines for 4 years.  We went to an Italian restaurant and caught up a little.  Nick took us out to a couple bars and at the second one I got a call from my Chicago job.  I almost immediately sobered up as I received the news that I didn't get the job.  However, I got offered a 6 month intership at the same place, which might be cool.  We left for Wheaton the next morning.  Which reminds me, I still need to pay a stupid toll I missed.

Back Home
So now we're back in Wheaton where I fill my day playing videogames that became cool while in Mexico and are no longer cool (Red Dead), applying for other jobs (this cool one that involves wind power and Spanish), and figuring out what we're gonna do at night.  Tonight we went to b-dub's to visit Squires, they were packed because of the Saints'/Viking's game.  Tomorrow Stev and I will go to Shane's to see if we can work there for a little to get a few bucks, then I have to go get the windshield of my car fixed.  All this should take about 2 hours.  What to do with the other 10 hours of consciousness is still to be discussed.




With this blog, I dont know if I will update it everyday but we'll see how long I can keep at it until I lose interest.

Stev's blog: ksoneaday.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment