Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wake up call

So, I planned on sleeping in today...again.  However, I was woken by my phone ringing at 9, by a woman who had seen my resume on I think monster.com.  At first I thought it was one of those Aflack calls, but I found out its a job for this place in Round Lake, IL.  It's about 1.5 hours north of here and the job would involve using Excel to process these complaints for this company, Baxter Healthcare, who released over 200,000 faulty colleague machines.  Those are those machines that administer the doses of IV fluid in hospitals.  So, there's around 200,000 of these complaints and I would be expected to process 30-40 of these a day.  Sounds simple enough, and the pay, although it isn't full time, is $25/hr.  That's a decent amount of money and I am definitely considering taking the job, I think I'm going to interview with them in about a week.  I still want to hear back from that law firm as well, so keeping my options open.

I fell back to sleep after talking to this woman and processing all this information and woke up at noon again.  So technically I still did sleep in.  I didn't do much else today, I helped Ron fix our kitchen sink and Skyped with Chuck for a little.  I went for a run with Callie right around when it started to get dark and watched TV for the rest of the day.

Welp, that's all really, I'm working all day at Shane's tomorrow.

Here's to opportunity (Stev's good friend),



Chin

3 comments: