Thursday, September 23, 2010

"Tomorrow, we'll go back to being friends"

First off, Sweeney is a cool guy, he's not boring, but he's also not crazy outrageous nuts...he's even keeled and he has his priorities straight, although he comes off as cynical sometimes, he generally speaks the truth.

Today was fun, Stev and I saw the Town, which was actually better than I thought it would be, there was a lot of action.  We went to my grandma's for dinner where Stev refused to try the tree fungus, and from what I could gather, he wasn't too fond of the "woody" okra, no one was really.  Tonight, we went to Rosie's for our last night of heavy drinking...with Chuck.  He's headed off to Spain on Monday and I wish him all the best with his future endeavors.  I'm still waiting to hear back from this patent law firm downtown.

Today I was thinking about what it means to be friends with someone who has a significant other.  How close can you be with someone until you become more than friends?  Does that put them or you in fault if something physical happens between the 2?

I believe that the guilt, should there be any, should lie on the one who is betraying the boyfriend....Ok, so to avoid having to remain so vague...I will refer to the generic people as "her/she" and "me/I"...I think that the guilt should fall on her, I would treat her the same, should she be attached or unattached.  Why then, do I feel the need for closure?  Is it because of the nagging of my friends or is it just my own wishes?  I'm fine, really, with just being a squeeze, however, I am still concerned about how she feels about it.  I think that she has to feel some guilt, if not a lot, especially considering that they use the L word.  If she doesn't, then I question their entire relationship and refuse to believe that she genuinely cares about this guy.  Even more strange is that she is comfortable with telling me, ME, that she hung out all weekend with her boyfriend and they danced...blah blah blah, had a great time...I feel that she literally thinks of me as a friend with benefits.  When I called to get clarity, it went to voicemail, so I suppose I might find out tomorrow...I'm vexed, but I'm not losing sleep, I feel that the weight should remain on her shoulders and I have other concerns to deal with.

Excited for tomorrow, I'm working the afternoon shift at Shane's and then catching The League with Stev.  It's also Stev's last night in Wheaton and I want him to have a good "last impression" of the town and of myself.

Here's to pseudo-confusion (which is more confusing that confusion),
 Chin

1 comment: