Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Back to Square 1...

I took a brief break at Shane's today to call the patent law firm downtown today.  I left a message on the the machine of the woman who interviewed me, inquiring about the progress of the face-to-face interview scheduling.  Shortly thereafter, I received an e-mail which partly read, "We have reviewed your resume and transcript. However, we are not seeking candidates with your credentials at this time".  Hmm, curious, looking further back into my gmail inbox I found an e-mail from the same woman reading partly, "After reviewing your resume, cover letter, and transcript, your credentials appear more than satisfactory and I would like to schedule  in a preliminary phone interview"....


Shittyyyyyy


So, I'm back to square 1.  I am tempted to write back, but I know it would be useless and regarded as unprofessional, no matter how sincere I sound about it.  Later, I spoke with Chuck's dad about possibly interning at his patent law firm, but their interns are only in the Summer and they need to be engineering grads who are enrolled in law school.  I've got a book coming in the mail about patent law, should I still read it if it's impossible for me to even get a face-to-face with a patent law firm?  Just yesterday I was feeling great about my chances if I got the face-to-face with that law firm, and now I'm back to contemplating my future in engineering.  I'll do some more job searching tomorrow and we'll see.


The power went out in downtown Wheaton and my house for 3 hours so we closed down Shane's 2 hours early.  When the power came back on, Fabian and I chilled in my basement and watched the Heat lose.  I also had a good fb chat with Marie.  As of right now, we are planning on finding some good sushi in Chicago on Friday, should we not find a good place, we are going to make our own sushi.  My first test of her will come after sushi because I suggested that she think of something for us to do after, she's only 20 and can't go to the bars yet. Hopefully she thinks of something interesting to do.  Actually, as I now know, plans with most girls, even when they are confirmed and definite still only have about a 50% of happening, so I'm not completely sure we will meet up Friday.


Thanks to Sweeney for committing his night of drinking to my well-being, it's nice to get support from good friends.  Right now, I am planning on being a ping pong player for Halloween, a far cry from the awesome ideas from the past 2 years (Shapes! and Jabbawockeez).  I hope I'll get a better idea by Saturday.



Fish Stick Tacos!


Here's to crazy winds,


Chin

1 comment:

  1. Hey man,I don't know how I feel about this whole "let her decide thing" In my experience, whenever I decide to "test" a girl by letting them choose something, it Rarely works out. I guess you'll find that either you have someone special...or you MAY have someone special who just doesn't like to decide....Either way good luck.

    ReplyDelete