Thursday, October 28, 2010

"It's like a real life telenovela!"

According to Angelo, there's some crazy drama going on with some of my friends who live in Guanajuato.


For breakfast/lunch, Fabian and I went to a sushi buffet, I figured I would warm-up in case Marie and I went out and got some sushi tomorrow.  I got pretty stuffed, I haven't been very hungry when I wake up, usually I choke down some eggs, occasionally frosted flakes.  At the buffet, I had 2 plates and some ice cream.  Fabian and I decided to dress up in overalls and a hard hat for Halloween on Saturday night, that plan has changed though.


Towards the end of my afternoon shift at Shane's, I texted Marie to figure out/confirm the plans for hanging out tomorrow night.  We're going to meet outside of Oysy Sushi, in the city, at 7:30.  I will probably take the train down to avoid all the reverse commute traffic, if only I had someone to pregame with me.  After sushi, I don't know what we are going to do.

I called Anderson about advice for good sushi places downtown and this Oysy was actually Jackie's idea, thank you.  While on the phone with Anderson, he gave me the best Halloween costume idea, Mayhem.  Mayhem, is the character from the Allstate commercials, the one who is the hot girl out jogging "making sure that this...stays a 10".  I think this is a great idea, Fabian is going to be the 1st string, once 4th string, starting quarterback version of Mayhem.  So tomorrow morning we are going to go try to find some cheap suits that we can dirty up a little then I have to find a pink headband and some pink jogging dumbbells.  Some medical tape on the left eyebrow and we'll be set for Naperville on Saturday.

While searching for a job, I've been wondering, how far away from "home" home would I be willing to go.  Admittedly, the idea of living in Chicago is not nearly as daunting as the idea of living on the east or west coast.  Moving stuff would be easier, obviously and I would still be close to all my friends and family.  I think I would feel pretty comfortable living in any area within 5-6 miles of Wheaton, so Ann Arbor is a candidate, haha.  I did apply to a job in Southfield the other day, so that's kind of close.  I think I am just going to start applying all over the nation as long as the job is appealing enough to me.  Time to start brushing up on the microelectronic circuit design again I guess.


This one's an oldie but a goodie...


Here's to pink headbands,


Chin

1 comment:

  1. Mayhem...What an awesome idea...If I had any interest in dressing up for Halloween this year I would steal that. Stay Thirsty

    ReplyDelete