Saturday, October 2, 2010

"Run or walk...same amount of wettt!"

Chicago, again, was a blast.  I got to Anderson's apartment around 8:30 last night.  I bought him a twelver of Octoberfest, so when I got there, my dress shirt was soaked from sweat.  When I got there I was introduced to Miles and Matt, 2 of his Purdue buddies.  Then I put my shirt in the dryer and put on the "I'm not an alcoholic, I'm an athlete" t-shirt we got for that bar crawl.  Then, Anderson's and Jackie's parents showed up.  I felt weird wearing the shirt and of course it was the first thing they all noticed.  then Miles' girlfriend, Kelly, showed up.  After finishing a few drinks, I changed back to my nice shirt and we made our way to dinner, paid for by the rents, so that was great.  After pizza, the parents left and we headed out to the bars.

The first bar was 3 stories and we had lost our buzzes a little so we went to get a round of tequila shots.  Anderson wanted to pay, but I insisted and bought the first round.  I go, "Bartender, 6 of the cheapest tequila shots you've got"...$42 bucks!  I was kinda pissed but we drank them and then Matt got a round of rum and cokes.  We left that bar shortly after that.  We then went to The Kerryman, drinks were more reasonably priced there but they closed at 2.  So we made our way to the red head piano bar.  I was wearing my Nike shoes and so the management took me to the back room and let me borrow some dress shoes.

Red Head was a blast.  We sat at the bar that encircles the piano and they were playing a ton of our requests.  There was an older woman there, maybe mid 30's, not too sure.  She was sitting next to our group so I took the vacant seat next to her.  We got to talking, I found out she's the vice president of this aviation insurance company downtown, nice.  So we talked on and off but a lot of the men her age had flocked to her so I let her have her space, plus, I was there for Anderson.  When she left though, she gave me a pat on the shoulder and handed me her business card.  Maybe I should start texting her, get my very own dr. Laura.

This morning was a little rough.  Anderson drove me to the train station and I got home around 1:30.  I watched football (Go Blue!) and did other insignificant things.  Drabik and I went and saw The Social Network, which, like all the reviews say, was a great movie.  I definitely suggest it, it makes you appreciate just the internet in general, I guess.  It's just nuts how once money gets involved with things, it can get a million times more complicated.  That and how if you come up with an idea, other people claim to have had that idea, kind of like Inception's theory that there is no completely "original" idea.  Go check out the movie though, very entertaining.



Here's to the internet,

Chin

3 comments: