Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Pilot Episode (1502 Style)

Shane's for the morning shift, ate dinner at my Grandma's, did a good night run with Callie, had some brews with Fabian.  Watched Friends again...

Ok, so this time it was "The Pilot Episode".  Two things I am displeased with on this post:

1.  Friends is dictating the theme of my blogs
2.  I probably should have thought of these things not 5 months after 1502 was disbanded, I just feel like that guy who clings onto the past...

Anyways, what would the pilot episode of 1502 be like? (To completely ignore the aforementioned qualms)...In 25 minutes?  It would have to begin the night that Killer came to the 2nd Kelsey floor.  Stev, were you there for that?  If not, we would have to write in that you were Wheeler's friend that I met through him.  The more I think about it, the more I feel that our pilot episode would not be as successful as our series finale.  I mean, Wheeler, Grant, Cassie, Stev and I practically met due to proximity, no crazy stories there.  I guess the pilot would have to introduce people like Andrew Lee, Danny Freeman, and Mike O. into the story.  Obviously, Mike O. would have a more active role later on into the series, but he would not have a major role in the pilot.  I think Danny Freeman would be like the waitress in Seinfeld's pilot, he would have a huge role in the beginning, choosing to surround himself in finding a house for us, then he would be written off, like Meg in Family Guy.  Andrew Lee would leave kind of like Kutner did in House, I mean , he wouldn't kill himself, but his story would end abruptly without answer.

Mike O. would be in the series premier as a friend that we meet at some house party, like the first time you see Kid Cudi in How to make it in America.

Otherwise, the audience would have to assume that Stev, Cassie, Wheeler, Grant, and I were good friends in the pilot.  This isn't true, but again, due to time constraints, it would have to be posed that way.  It's crazy to look back, we evolved soooo much as friends.  That is to say, I had some good friends throughout my time at Michigan, but the one's that stuck were the ones that I knew for 3-4 years.  The likes of Krista, who would be introduced in the pilot somehow, I have no idea how...The likes of Sweeney, Ricky, Uzoma, Dane, Scott Goldman, Krista, AK, and BP are the reasons that my experience at Michigan could not easily be written into a 90's sitcom.  There were so many people that made the experience that it would just not be a traditional show.

That being said, had certain moments been filmed, there would be some hilarious episodes...

Here's to me never doing Edward 40 Hands in college,
(Didn't even do it tonight)


 Chin

PS...I don't remember the specifics of when I met some of my housemates, that's why my pilot episode is way more general than my finale episode...

3 comments:

  1. The base again is good, I think the difference would be that for the "pilot" it would be centered around 1502, rather than one of our stories fully. that being said some of the other friends, like the mutual AK's and BP's probably wouldn't be introduced until they fit into the 1502 storyline...An interesting spinoff would be "Chin" instead of "Joey" and in that case they could go more in depth with your character and have your friends play a bigger factor there.

    I actually was not there for the Cassie meeting, or the 2nd kelsey pyramid, but i think those two are pretty pivotal points in the 1502 lifespan. That picture is from your basement, is that prior to this summer/fall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was last night with Fabian, we took the tape off one afterwards so we cheated...so far my spinoff series would be super boring haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can do Edward 40 hands next weekend in Ann Arbor : )

    ReplyDelete